Successful companies are built on cultivating and maintaining competitive advantages and relationships and securing the financial resources to prosper and grow. This requires careful attention to managing employees, customers, vendors, and competitors, as well as the physical assets and technologies necessary to power products and provide services. It also requires a thorough understanding of the tax and regulatory environment in which a company operates.
A legal advisor who understands how all of these components fit together for your company and can help you manage risk without creating impediments to success is critical.
Best Best & Krieger LLP (BBK) attorneys provide the assistance necessary for companies to build and protect their critical assets and operations. Our clients compete in local, national, and international markets in a wide variety of industries, including biomedical, aerospace, manufacturing, retail, technology and telecommunications, medical and other professional services, construction, automotive, agri-business, real estate, and many others. We offer counsel throughout our clients’ business lifecycle, from pre-formation considerations through all growth stages, including succession planning and sale.
We are available and responsive when clients need us, and we pride ourselves on offering personal service and outstanding attention to detail at affordable rates. When you work with BBK, you will have an attorney with general business and practical knowledge who learns and knows your business and then can draw as needed on the experience of practitioners throughout the firm who provide specific legal, regulatory, subject matter, and industry knowledge.
Comprehensive Guidance and Services
Routinely negotiating deals opposite some of the world’s largest law firms, BBK attorneys prepare, structure, close and enforce transactions integral to our clients’ business success. These include:
- Business operations, maintenance, and management agreements
- Construction contracts
- E-commerce agreements
- Employment, consulting and outsourcing agreements, as well as nondisclosure and noncompetition agreements and union contracts
- Executive compensation arrangements
- Equipment leases
- Financing arrangements, including all types of acquisition finance, equity and debt finance and project finance, and all lender/borrower agreements
- Government contracts
- Insurance coverage and indemnification agreements
- Intellectual property licensing and R&D sharing/collaboration agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Real estate acquisition, development-related leasing and sales agreements, easements and rights of way
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Restructurings and reorganizations
- Vendor, supplier, and distribution contracts
- Technology transactions
We also assist in due diligence investigations, development of standard terms and conditions for the sale of goods and services, and valuation of asset and businesses for acquisitions, sales, and workouts.
Further, our attorneys provide strategic guidance regarding corporate governance concerns, tax, risk management, corporate securities issues, reporting requirements and regulatory compliance, environmental, antitrust and other regulatory restrictions, and many other issues that may impact a transaction. When disputes arise, our business litigators represent clients in courts at all levels, as well as in arbitrations, mediations, and settlement negotiations.