Finance & Banking
The world of finance and banking has never been more complicated. Enhanced regulation, increased oversight, and tough lending standards have made it more difficult than ever for lenders and borrowers alike.
Best Best & Krieger LLP’s (BBK) Finance & Banking attorneys have decades of experience in negotiating, structuring, documenting, and closing a wide variety of traditional and alternative-source financial transactions for both lenders and borrowers. Our banking clients are national and international banking institutions, including PNC Bank, Bank of the West (BNP Paribas), and Wells Fargo Bank, as well as regional banks such as Citizens Business Bank, Poppy Bank, and River City Bank. Our borrower clients come from a wide variety of industries, such as manufacturing, logistics, agri-business, energy, health care, real estate, and many others.
We advise and represent both lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured loan transactions ranging from small working capital loans to senior financing for business, asset and property acquisitions and operations expansion. Our attorneys are experienced with secured and unsecured term loans, revolving lines of credit and loan facilities, letters of credit and syndicated loan transactions, as well as bond, equity and debt financing, asset-based lending, commercial, corporate, real estate, equipment, and mixed-collateral financing. We also assist clients in identifying alternative funding sources and structuring a variety of alternative finance arrangements to meet their needs, as well as issue opinion letters as necessary for financings.
In each instance, we consider our client’s specific goals and then work with them to create a plan that meets their financial needs. Should difficulties arise, we skillfully guide clients through regulatory requirements, troubled loan workouts and debt restructurings. Additionally, we represent both lenders and borrowers in finance-related litigation and all other forms of dispute resolution.
- Represented borrowers in the negotiation of International Swaps and Derivatives Association swap loan agreements
- Represented regional bank in ground lease deed of trust construction loan transactions
- Represent national bank in Small Business Administration loan documentation
- Represent national bank in multi-state real estate and mixed collateral loans
- Represent borrower in multi-lender $50 million transaction of asset based and real estate collateral
- Represent national bank in complex debt restructuring and forbearance agreement with agri-business borrower