George M. Reyes
George Reyes is a seasoned business attorney who provides general counsel services for privately owned businesses and nonprofits, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions. He also provides trust, estate and succession planning to businesses and individuals. George is a partner in Best Best & Krieger LLP’s Business practice group based in the firm’s Riverside and San Diego offices.
General Counsel, Transactional and Merger & Acquisition Services
George provides general counsel and transactional legal representation to various types of businesses, from start-ups to well-established ongoing concerns, in a broad cross-section of industries. These include steel, medical, hospital, printing and publishing, equipment rental, injection molding, medical device manufacturing, automotive, insurance, records storage, citrus processing, automobile dealership, plastics engineering, schools for the developmentally disabled, accounting and legal. He has extensive experience representing both buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions, helping them limit risk through careful pre-acquisition planning, due diligence investigation and artful transaction and financing document drafting and negotiation.
Trust, Estate & Succession Planning
George assists individuals in all aspects of estate and gift tax planning, as well as income matters involving trusts and estates. He helps clients decide upon the best approach to meet their specific goals. This could include establishing living trusts, family limited partnerships, various charitable trust arrangements and other irrevocable trust devices, as well as wills, powers of appointment and community property agreements.
George also works with small businesses and professional clients to provide business succession planning in the acquisition and disposition of small businesses and professional practices, whether or not these transactions are part of the estate planning or administration process.
George is married to Mary Ann and they have two grown sons, Matthew and Kevin.
- San Diego Magazine Top Lawyer, Business, 2020–2021
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, 2006–2023
- San Diego Business Journal, Leader in Law finalist, 2020
- Top 50 Influential Leaders, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2018
- Advisor of the Year, Buy-Side Legal Representation, 2017
- "Soup-er Stars" Award, Salvation Army, 2015
- “New Laws Affecting Businesses in California,” BB&K Legal Alert, Nov. 26, 2013
- “New Law Will Change the Way Limited Liability Companies Form and Operate,” Riverside Press-Enterprise, Oct. 19, 2013
- “Sell Your Business in 2012 to Maximize Your Profit,” Riverside Press-Enterprise, March 25, 2012
- “Healthcare: The Economic Challenges and Opportunities for the Coachella Valley,” Coachella Valley Economic Forecast Conference, April 11, 2013