Jessica Lomakin provides strategic counsel to public and private property owners and tenants on all manner of real estate transactions with an emphasis on leasing, lease enforcement, real estate development and purchase and sale transactions. With a decade of real estate litigation experience and extensive knowledge of remedies, Jessica acts as both a strong advocate for her clients’ legal rights, and as a practical negotiator.
She regularly works with landlords and tenants to manage their leasing portfolios and has experience with office, retail and industrial leasing. Jessica also works with owners’ associations, government agencies, and family-owned LLCs to manage real estate holdings, navigate CC&Rs, and protect investments.
Jessica also advises on public-private partnerships and mixed-use real estate development.
Jessica obtained her law degree, cum laude, from Whittier Law School, where she served as editor on the Whittier Law Review and obtained her LL.M. from Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law.
Originally from Ohio, Jessica relocated to Southern California to earn her bachelor’s degree in political science, cum laude, from California State University, Fullerton. She is a member of Commercial Real Estate Women (“CREW”) Columbus and serves as a Girl Scout Troop Leader and Village Councilor in her hometown of New Bremen, Ohio. In her free time, Jessica enjoys cooking, reading and is an aspiring gardener.
- Commercial Real Estate Women ("CREW")
- Girl Scouts Troop Leader, Troop 2125
- Village Councilor, Village of New Bremen
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Women in Transportation – Inland Empire
- Inland Empire Chapter of the International Right of Way Association
- "Public Records Caution While Working From Home," BB&K Legal Alert, May 11, 2020
- "Amendment to Ohio's Open Meeting Laws During COVID-19 Emergency," BB&K Legal Alert, April 2, 2020
- "COVID-19 and Workers' Compensation Claims," BB&K Legal Alert, March 24, 2020
- "Can the COVID-19 Pandemic Excuse Contract Performance?," BB&K Legal Alert, March 19, 2020
- “FPPC Amends Conflict of Interest Regulations” BBKnowledge, Dec. 29, 2014
- "Records Request Training," City of Ontario Fire Department, June 7, 2018