Howard B. Golds
Howard Golds is of counsel in Best Best & Krieger LLP’s Labor & Employment practice group. Howard tried numerous jury and non-jury cases representing both plaintiffs and defendants in federal and state court, and has extensive experience representing clients in various administrative proceedings. He also provides labor and employment advice to public and private employers on discipline, wage and hour laws, ADA compliance, organized labor relations and other matters.
Howard handles a wide variety of litigation matters on behalf of public agency clients, including civil rights actions, employment/discrimination claims and construction disputes. He has represented public agencies in administrative hearings related to employee discipline and dismissal, and has extensive experience relating to both police and fire departments. As the former leader of BB&K’s Business practice, he also represented a large number of private businesses and individuals in employment, construction defect, real property and business litigation.
Howard has taught and lectured on such diverse subjects as sexual harassment litigation, writ of mandate procedure and legal ethics. He attended the National Institute of Trial Advocacy in Denver, and numerous other classes and seminars.
He is a former chair of the Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce, immediate past chair of the Mission Inn Foundation and is a member of the Riverside County Mock Trial Steering Committee. He served for four years on BB&K’s Executive Committee.
While in law school, he was a staff member of the Southern California Law Review.
- “California Supreme Court Clarifies Workplace Discrimination Issue,” Riverside Press-Enterprise, March 27, 2013
- “Handling the Federal Family Medical Leave Act and Its State Counterpart,” Riverside Press-Enterprise, Sept. 30, 2012
- “Existing Labor Laws Are Updated for 2012,” Riverside Press-Enterprise, Jan. 1, 2012
- "Annual Labor & Employment Update," BB&K Webinar, Dec. 8, 2016
- “BB&K Attorney Named Head of Business Services Practice Group,” BB&K Press Release, April 1, 2013
- “BB&K’s Howard Golds Becomes New Chair of Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce,” Riverside Press-Enterprise, March 24, 2011
- “BB&K Attorney Becomes Chair of Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce,” BB&K Press Release, March. 17, 2011