While workplace accidents and injuries are not always avoidable, by optimizing health and safety in the workplace, employers can reduce their likelihood, and thereby limit exposure, to disruptive government enforcement agency investigations, costly and time-consuming litigation and liability.
Best Best & Krieger LLP (BBK) Labor & Employment attorneys advise private and public-sector employers and their managers, helping them assure a safer work environment and to mitigate their liability risk.
We advise on and assist clients regarding:
- Health and safety best practices, policies, procedures and training
- Workplace accident and injury claims management, audits and investigations
- Whistleblower complaints
- Compliance with OSHA, Cal/OSHA, and all other federal and state safety regulations
- Defense and appeal of OSHA and Cal/OSHA citations
- Workers’ compensation, disability and disability discrimination claims
- Illness/injury prevention and other workplace safety-related programs
- Disclosure and reporting requirements
BBK counsels clients across industries, including those in high-risk businesses such as construction, maintenance and manufacturing.
Investigations and Litigation Defense
When safety violations or workplace injuries are alleged, we vigorously defend employers before administrative bodies such as OSHA, Cal/OSHA and the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, and at trial and on appeal in federal and state courts.
We have successfully challenged citations, threatened license revocations and liability claims, as well as defended clients against workers’ compensation “serious and willful” claims, as well as Labor Code section 132a “retaliation” claims. Our attorneys are experienced in resolving matters through arbitrations, mediation and settlement negotiations.
BBK attorneys counsel employers throughout audits, inspections, investigations and enforcement actions by OSHA, Cal/OSHA, state and local environmental agencies and other government entities.
With offices throughout California, including both desert and inland regions, BBK offers unmatched geographic reach and ready access for clients, saving them the high cost of travel.