Roger Crawford is a partner in Best Best & Krieger LLP’s Ontario office, where he concentrates on labor and employment law, representing both public and private sector employers. In particular, he represents and counsels clients in:
- Labor relations
- Grievances and employment-related arbitrations
- Wage and hour issues
- Employment contracts
- Unemployment matters
- Discrimination and sexual harassment investigations
- Employee discipline and evaluations
Roger practices before the National Labor Relations Board, the Public Employment Relations Board, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and other administrative agencies, as well as before public agency personnel boards and civil service commissions. A particular focus of his practice involves representing franchisors and franchisees in these employment matters. He also works with and assists clients in developing and administering preventive employment policies designed to reduce and avoid liability.
Prior to joining BB&K, Roger was an attorney for the National Labor Relations Board, where he obtained substantial experience in traditional labor relations investigating, prosecuting unfair labor practice charges and conducting representation elections.
Roger is a member of the labor law sections of both the State Bar of California and the American Bar Association.
Roger’s wife, Afton, is a portrait artist. He has three children, Ivie, Colton and Sofia. His family keeps him busy when he is not at the office.
- Top Labor & Employment Lawyer, Daily Journal, 2018
- State Bar of California, Labor Law Section
- American Bar Association, Labor Law Section
- "California’s New Labor & Employment Laws in Response to COVID-19," PublicCEO, Jan. 29, 2021
- “Joint Employment Standards” PublicCEO, Sept. 5, 2017 (via BBKnowledge)
- "Annual Labor & Employment Update," BB&K Webinar, Dec. 10, 2020
- "Sexual Harassment Avoidance Training," Association of California Healthcare Districts' Leadership Academy, Feb. 20, 2020
- "Changes in Managing Personnel: Top 10 Areas for Updating Public Agency Personnel Practices," Legal Briefing & CLE Workshop, Association of California Water Agencies, May 7, 2019
- "New Labor Laws 2019," Business Seminar Series, Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce, Feb. 22, 2019
- "The Legal Options and Pitfalls to Avoid when Sharing Employees among Districts," California Association of Resource Conservation Districts' 71st Annual Conference, Nov. 18, 2016
- "2016 Labor & Employment Update," BB&K Seminar, Jan. 7, 2016
- "Negotiating with Employee Organizations - How to Avoid Disasters," California Special District Association's Annual Conference, Sept. 21, 2015