Best Best & Krieger LLP Partner Ellen Grover concentrates her practice in the areas of land use, natural resources, Indian and development law. She advises clients on complex Oregon land use and energy siting law issues, natural resource regulatory programs, compliance matters and business development matters. Ellen enjoys being part of a team assisting clients.
Ellen served as co-managing partner at Karnopp Petersen before the firm joined BB&K in 2022. Before attending law school, Ellen completed a fellowship with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration under the National Sea Grant Marine Policy Fellowship. During law school, she earned a certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law. Before entering private practice, Ellen served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Robert Wollheim, Oregon Court of Appeals. She also previously practiced with Stoel Rives LLP.
Ellen and her family share a passion for outdoor adventures, including biking, Nordic skiing and running. Her volunteer commitments reflect these interests and she enjoys giving back to the Central Oregon community.
- Representation of federally recognized Indian tribes on a wide range of matters including business and economic development, hydroelectric project license compliance, renewable energy development, energy and telecommunications infrastructure issues, federal and tribal land use, and environmental impact review matters and financing
- Representation of energy industry clients in the siting, development and review of energy generation facilities, including solar, wind and natural gas
- Representation of individuals and entities in Oregon land use urban growth boundary expansions
- Representation of landowners and land development clients in zoning and land use approval matters in city and county jurisdictions
- Representation of private individuals and entities before the Oregon Land Use Board of Appeals and Oregon Court of Appeals
- Representation of individuals and homeowners associations regarding planned community matters
- Representation of purchaser of timberland holdings in acquisition and due diligence matters
- Distinguished Environmental Law Graduate, Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College, 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Energy Law, Land Use, Zoning Law, Native American Law 2016–2024
- Oregon State Bar Sustainable Future Section
- Oregon State Bar Environmental and Natural Resources Section
- Oregon State Bar Real Estate and Land Use Section
- Deschutes County Bar Association
- Bend Endurance Academy Board of Directors
- “Understanding Tribal Sovereignty: An Essential Primer for Productive Native American Relations,” IMLA’s Municipal Lawyer The Journal of Local Government Law, Nov-Dec. 2022
- "Tribal Law Panel: Understanding Tribal Sovereignty: An Essential Primer for Productive Native American Relations," International Municipal Lawyers Association's Annual Conference, Oct. 20, 2022
- "Bureau of Indian Affairs' New Right-of-Way Regulations," Lorman Education Services Webinar, Apr. 6, 2022