Rebecca Chaparro is a partner in the Special Districts practice group of Best Best & Krieger LLP. Rebecca’s practice is centered in public contracting with a focus on public works and infrastructure construction law. With a background in construction management, Rebecca provides clients with a holistic understanding and strategic approach for handling the many complexities in a construction project.
Rebecca advises and assists clients in all areas of public works construction, including public contract procurement, prevailing wage law compliance and construction claims resolution. Rebecca works with public agencies and private owners through all phases of the construction process, including the preparation of construction contract documents, resolution of bid protests, insurance and bond issues, contract administration, dispute resolution and project close out. Rebecca’s broad project experience includes water and wastewater treatment systems, transportation systems, airport facilities, parks and other recreational facilities, commercial buildings, and educational facilities.
As a leader in her field, Rebecca also regularly publishes articles and presents on industry relevant topics such as disaster preparedness, FEMA compliant procurement procedures and more.
Rebecca received her law degree from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University where she graduated with Pro Bono Distinction. During law school, she was a member of the Corporate & Business Law Society and Phi Alpha Delta, and worked as a legal extern in the City Attorney’s Office for the City of Scottsdale.
Prior to earning her law degree, Rebecca worked as a project engineer for a Phoenix general contractor. She received her undergraduate degree in housing and urban development from Arizona State University.
- “Court of Appeal Issues Decision Clarifying the Applicability of Prevailing Wage Law to Offsite Fabrication of Materials,” BB&K Legal Alert, Sep. 30, 2014
- "Public Bidding Best Practices," Association of California Water Agencies CLE Virtual Workshop Series, Sept. 20, 2023
- "Understanding of Public Works Contracts for Agencies, Consultants, and Contractors," American Public Works Association Coachella Valley Public Works Expo, Apr. 7, 2022
- "Developing FEMA Compliant Procurement Procedures," BBK What’s New in Environmental and Special Districts Law Webinar Series, Jan. 18, 2018
- “Now Trending: Hot Topics in Public Infrastructure,” Association of California Water Agencies, Sept. 11, 2015