AB 1234 Ethics Guidance
BBK Training via Webinar
Best Best & Krieger LLP is offering ethics training, via webinar, that satisfies training requirements mandated under AB 1234 every two years. The webinar is interactive, allowing attendees to ask questions. The webinar will provide useful, practical information for newly elected local leaders, as well as long-serving local government officials and employees.
The webinar will cover:
- General ethics laws and principles
- Laws governing personal financial interest (Political Reform Act and Government Code section 1090)
- Laws governing personal advantages and perks (limits on gifts, travel, loans, mass mailings, misuse of public funds)
- Transparency laws (Brown Act open meeting law and California Public Records Act)
- Fair process (common law conflict of interest and due process)
Who should attend:
- All officials, officers and employees who file Statements of Economic Interest (SEI, Form 700)
- Any employee designated by his or her agency to receive AB 1234 training
- Any public agency employee interested in learning the public integrity laws and best practices to promote positive public perceptions and avoid legal problems
- Public agency in-house and general counsel
Wednesday, Feb. 8
10 a.m.-Noon (PST)
$75 per person
To register for this training, please click here.
This activity has been approved for minimum continuing legal education by the State Bar of California in the amount of two (2) hours of General Participatory credit. Best Best & Krieger LLP certifies that this activity conforms to the standards of approved educational activities prescribed by the rules and regulations of the State Bar of California governing minimum continuing legal education. Best Best & Krieger LLP is a State Bar of California Approved Provider, #1035.
AICP members can earn Certification Maintenance (CM) credits for this activity. When CM credits are available, they are noted at the end of an activity description. More information about AICP’s CM program can be found at www.planning.org/cm.