Marvin Cohen is a paralegal in Best Best & Krieger LLP’s Municipal Law practice group. He assists clients through the entire eminent domain process, from pre-condemnation activities through litigation, including settlements by negotiated purchase. He works on matters as a paralegal for the Town of Apple Valley and the cities of Fontana and Ontario, as well as the Riverside County Transportation Commission and the Coachella Valley Association of Governments.
Prior to joining the firm, Marvin worked as a bankruptcy paralegal for 10 years and as an accounting specialist for the FDIC for two years, assisting in bank liquidations. He also served in the United States Army for two years, as a finance specialist and was honorably discharged.
Marvin is a former member of the International Right of Way Association, where he served local Chapter 57 as co-educational chair for two years and controller for four years. Marvin received his paralegal certificate from Kensington College.
*Paralegals are not licensed attorneys. Under California law, paralegals are not authorized to provide legal advice.
- Town of Apple Valley – Eminent Domain Action (Right-to-Take)
- Pre-trial preparation – review and revise pleadings; coordinate with experts
- Trial attendance – trial team member assisting attorneys
- Post-trial briefing – review, revise and cite check
- International Right of Way Association Chapter 57, New Member Service Award, 2008
- International Right of Way Association Chapter 57, Distinguished Service Award, 2010
- International Right of Way Association Chapter 57, controller, 2010-2014