Deputy Director of PRA Services and E-Discovery Counsel
Darren Ziegler is Deputy Director of PRA Services & E-Discovery Counsel with Best Best & Krieger LLP. He previously worked as staff attorney with BB&K’s Advanced Records Center in Ontario, California.
Darren has dedicated the majority of his legal career to working in the public sector, most recently as deputy county counsel for the Riverside County Office of County Counsel. There, he was general counsel to both the Department of Animal Services and Office of Economic Development. He advised clients on the formation and administration of various special tax districts and handled civil litigation matters as the principal attorney, including code enforcement cases.
Additionally, Darren has served as the deputy city attorney for the Moreno Valley Office of the City Attorney, where he oversaw general litigation for the city, acted as counsel for all city advisory boards, commissions and committees, oversaw review of all California Public Records Act requests, and served as the city’s risk manager.
- Law School National Trial Team:
- Regional Champion and National Qualifier, 2014 ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law's Student Trial Advocacy Regional Competition, Washington, D.C.
- Regional Champion and National Qualifier, 2015 MABLSA Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition, Tyson's Corner, Virginia
- Finalist, 2015 Estrella Trial Advocacy Competition, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Finalist, 2015 NBLSA Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition, National Tournament, Portland, Oregon
- Graduate Research Fellow (merit-based research fellowship)
- CalCities’ Municipal Law Institute, Committee Member
- Leo A. Deegan Inn of Court, Member
- "Ethics & Technology: The Next Frontier," League of California Cities’ 2023 Municipal Law Institute Symposium, Center for Social Justice and Public Service, Santa Clara University School of Law, Feb. 3, 2023