Stacey N. Sheston is a partner in the Labor & Employment practice group of Best Best & Krieger LLP. Prior to joining BB&K, she was a shareholder, practice group leader and chief talent officer on the management committee of McDonough Holland & Allen in Sacramento.
Stacey’s practice includes day-to-day employment advice, such as dealing with problem employees (including discipline and terminations), handling harassment complaints and investigations, responding to requests for disability accommodations, addressing wage and hour and leave of absence questions, responding to grievances and unfair practice charges, and drafting employment agreements, handbooks and policies. On the litigation side, Stacey represents employers in mediations, arbitrations, administrative hearings and court proceedings (including jury and non-jury trials) arising out of employment matters, including wrongful termination, breach of contract, unpaid wages, harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Stacey is a member of the State Bar of California, the Sacramento County Bar Association Labor & Employment Section and the Women Lawyers of Sacramento. She is also former editorial chair of, and contributor to, the Personnel Chapter of the Municipal Law Handbook (CEB 2010).
From 2012 to 2021, Stacey was named by her peers as a Northern California Super Lawyer for employment and labor law. She is admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Central & Eastern districts of California and the Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Labor and Employment, 2024
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor Law - Management, 2021–2023
- Northern California Super Lawyers, Labor and Employment, 2012–2022
- Sacramento Magazine Top Lawyers, Labor and Employment, 2015, 2017
- Super Lawyers Business Edition, Employment, 2015
- Sacramento Business Journal Best of the Bar, 2015
- Super Lawyers Top Women Attorneys in Northern California, 2014
- “Federal Overtime Rules Weigh Heavy on Employers” PublicCEO, May 23, 2016 (via BBKnowledge)
- "Remembering Our Favorite Songs: A Refresher On Recent Changes In The Law And Best Practices That We've Been Neglecting," California Public Employers Labor Relations Association’s Annual Training Conference, Nov. 15, 2022
- "Elimination of Bias," 2nd Annual California Land Use Law Conference, Continuing Legal Education International, June 13, 2019
- "Labor and Employment Litigation Update," League of California Cities’ City Attorneys’ Spring Conference, May 10, 2019
- "Bullies, Brutes, and Blowhards: Dealing with Bullies and Other Morale Killers In the Workplace,” Bay Area Assessors’ Association 2019 Management Conference, California Assessors’ Association, April 17, 2019
- "Labor and Employment Litigation Update," League of California Cities Annual Conference and Expo Attorney Track, Sep. 13, 2018
- "Gender Empowerment in the #MeToo World," League of California Cities Mayors & Council Members Executive Forum, June 28, 2018
- "Labor and Employment Litigation Update," League of California Cities City Attorneys' Spring Conference, May 2, 2018
- "BB&K Annual Labor & Employment Update 2018," BB&K Seminar, Jan. 18, 2018
- "Labor and Employment Litigation Update," League of California Cities' City Attorneys' Spring Conference, May 5, 2017
- "Labor & Employment Update," BB&K Seminar, Jan. 11, 2017
- "2016 Labor & Employment Update," BB&K Seminar, Jan. 7, 2016