Mrunal Mehta Shah serves as bond, special and disclosure counsel for a variety of transactions representing public agencies throughout the State of California. She has approximately 20 years of experience with public finance transactions including Mello-Roos Community Facilities District bonds, assessment district bonds, Marks-Roos Joint Financing Authority revenue bonds, certificates of participation, revenue bonds, general obligation bonds and tax allocation bonds.
Mrunal has experience in the financing of energy and water efficiency improvement, including the issuance of Property Assessed Clean Energy bonds and equipment leases.
Mrunal is a partner and the practice group leader of the firm’s Public Finance practice and serves as a co-chair on the firm's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee.
Mrunal earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of California, San Diego, where she created her own major in law and society. She received her law degree from Tulane University. While at Tulane, Mrunal received the Cali Excellence for the Future Award three times.
Mrunal speaks fluent Gujarati and Spanish.
- Wonderful Women, Lawyers of Color, 2023
- Women in Public Finance, Los Angeles Chapter, board member and director of charitable giving
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Committee on Assessments, Special Tax and Other Financing Facilities
- 44 Women for Orangewood, Board
- Representative at Large, Orange Unified School District Bond Oversight Committee
- "Leading Your District through Financing Facilities and Funding Services with a Tax Measure Date," California Special District Association, General Manager Leadership Summit, June 21, 2022
- "Disclosure Obligations of Issuers in Public Offerings," BB&K Webinar, Sept. 30, 2020
- "Using Green Bonds to Help Your Public Agency Further its Public Policy Goals," BB&K Webinar, Mar. 5, 2020
- "Current Topics and Practices in Land-Secured Financing," California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission's Land-Secured Financing Seminar, Sept. 6, 2018
- "PACE Financing Options," Council of Development Finance Agencies' Intro Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Finance Course, Nov. 2, 2016