Curtis Glaccum is of counsel and a member of Best Best & Krieger’s Environmental and Natural Resources Practice Group. He is an experienced litigator representing clients at the trial and appellate levels in both the public and private sectors. He has significant experience advising and advocating for multibillion dollar corporations, government entities, and closely held companies, who find themselves facing complex legal disputes.
Curtis emphasizes a practical, cost-effective approach in the areas of corporate liability, business disputes, real estate matters, employment discrimination, and public entity defense. He also has noted experience in corporate governance and the negotiation of contracts, including commercial agreements, purchase and sale agreements, and letters of intent.
Before joining BBK, Curtis represented Marion County as Senior Assistant Legal Counsel, serving as lead attorney on dozens of cases involving civil rights claims under § 1983, constitutional law, land use issues, public contracting, and the Oregon Tort Claims Act. He also has experience prosecuting individuals who violated California’s Rules of Professional Conduct and the State Bar Act.
Curtis’ comprehensive experience gives him the ability to advise and assist clients both before and after litigation has begun. His passion for helping others drives him to obtain the best results for clients, whether it is a simple contract matter or “Bet-the-Company” litigation.
A former U.S. Marine, Curtis enjoys camping, bow hunting, history, and live theatre.
- Obtained positive results for numerous plaintiffs and defendants, including pretrial dismissals, directed verdicts, and a jury award of over $4.5 million.
- Conducted more than 40 trials in both the public and private sectors.
- Conducted depositions, hearings, and trials in various jurisdictions throughout the United States.
- Leadership Lake Oswego, 2023 Graduate (Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce)
- Oregon U.S. District Court Historical Society, Member
- Multnomah County Bar Association, Member
- Marion County Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
Contracts for Actors and Influencers” Western Oregon University, April 2022