Jennifer Ransom serves as a municipal analyst in Best Best & Krieger LLP’s ARC: Advanced Records Center, which provides comprehensive and cost-effective support for records-related matters. Jennifer’s background in political science and focus in international politics and policy, along with more than 14 years of municipal government experience, provides her with a wealth of valuable public agency perspective and skills.
Before joining BB&K, Jennifer worked in California’s public sector for more than a decade, serving in a variety of capacities for the cities of Dana Point and Murrieta. Most recently, Jennifer served as assistant city clerk for the City of Murrieta. She specializes in areas such as information governance and electronic document management systems, municipal policy research and implementation, municipal elections, the California Public Records Act, the Ralph M. Brown Act and open meeting laws, as well as parliamentary procedure and Roberts Rules of Order.
Jennifer is a Certified E-Discovery Specialist and accredited as a Master Municipal Clerk by the International Institute of Municipal Clerks, California Professional Municipal Clerk by the University of California, Riverside, and Certified Records Analyst by the Institute of Certified Records Managers.
In addition to earning her bachelor’s degree in political science, Jennifer holds a California Notary Public commission and has completed the Miller Management & Consulting Group Certified Training for Trainers program. She continues to share her knowledge and know-how through leadership training and as a mentor for aspiring clerks for the City Clerks Association of California.
A native Californian, Jennifer is married to Paul and they have four children, as well as one grandchild. In her free time, Jennifer enjoys coaching youth sports, specifically competitive soccer, alongside her husband, and enhancing her skills as an artist and seamstress. She is a U.S. Soccer Federation National D licensed soccer coach.
*As a municipal analyst, Jennifer Ransom does not provide legal representation or advice for or to our clients.
- Association of Records Managers and Administrators International
- ARMA International Welcoming Committee Member, September 2016-September 2019
- City Clerks Association of California
- City Clerks Association of California Mentor, September 2015-September 2019
- National Association of Parliamentarians
- U.S. Soccer Federation National D licensed soccer coach
- "ARMA International Records and Information Management Core Competencies, 2nd Ed.," January 2017 (contributor)
- "Tips for Managing the Records Retention Lifecycle," California Special Districts Association, Board Secretary/Clerk Conference, Nov. 6, 2023