Brent P. Collinson
Brent Collinson helped the Truckee Fire Protection District grow from a mainly volunteer force to one with more than 50 paid and highly trained employees. He also helped the Truckee Tahoe Airport District go from surviving closure threats to the airport winning the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce Public Agency of the Year Award. He was selected in 2019 by four local special districts to be general counsel to form and advise a joint powers agency.
With an overarching goal to solve — not create — problems for clients, Brent's practice is focused on representing public agencies on a variety issues, as well as estate planning, trust administration and probates and general business and personal consultation. An attorney with over 40 years of experience, Brent owned or partnered in his own firm for most of his practice before joining Best Best & Krieger LLP as of counsel.
Brent’s work in estate planning and will and trust administration allows individuals to plan for their inevitable passing, as well helping grieving families administer and transfer estates after a loved one’s death.
He also consults with businesses and individuals on the many issues that arise in running a business or in one's life journey. These include everything from disputes with neighbors to business transactions and transitions and contracts to real estate purchases and easements.
Brent is a frequent presenter at events sponsored by organizations that includes the Northern California Legal Secretaries Association, Sierra College, Tahoe City Optimists Club and the Truckee Rotary Club. Brent is admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
- Truckee Tahoe Airport District
- Truckee Fire Protection District
- Truckee Cemetery District
- Truckee Sanitary District
- Truckee Donner Recreation and Park District
- Tahoe Forest Hospital District
- Fallen Leaf Lake Community Services District
- Truckee Inter-Club Citizen of the Year
- Truckee Rotary Paul Harris Fellow
- Truckee Tahoe Bar Association, past president
- Truckee Rotary Club, past president
- Polly Klaas Foundation, Board member
- Truckee Rotary Community Foundation
- Truckee Football Foundation
- Wellspring Counseling Center, past president
- "Ask the Experts," California Special Districts Magazine, Volume 11, Issue 5
- "Ask the Experts - AB 1234," California Special Districts Magazine, September-October, 2016
- "Empathy and Efficiency" Chapter of "Inside the Minds: Strategies for Family Law in California," Aspatore, 2015