Erin K. MacDonald
Erin MacDonald served as co-managing partner at Karnopp Petersen LLP before the firm joined Best Best & Krieger LLP in 2022. As partner, Erin concentrates her practice in Trusts and Estates. Erin, who has been named to the Oregon Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Estate Planning & Probate five times, regularly counsels clients in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, tax planning and charitable giving. Erin believes that building a good relationship with her clients is essential for addressing the needs of her clients, their families and their futures.
Erin is a fellow of the American College of Trusts and Estates council. She has served for four years on the Executive Committee of the Estate Planning and Administration Section of the Oregon State Bar, and currently serves as chair-elect of the Committee.
Erin actively participates in the local community as a board member of the Central Oregon Community College Foundation and the Laboratory for the American Conversation at Oregon State University-Cascades. She is also an advisory board member of the Central Oregon Estate Planning Counsel, U.S. Bank’s Central and Eastern Oregon Region, and Assistance League of Bend.
Outside of the office, Erin enjoys traveling the world and spending time outdoors with her husband and two children, exploring all the wonders that Central Oregon has to offer.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated for Estate Planning and Administration
- Oregon Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Estate Planning and Probate, 2012-2016
- Accomplished Under 40, Cascade Business News
- Leadership Bend President and Alumni, Bend Chamber of Commerce, 2008
- “Woman of the Year” Nominee, Bend Chamber of Commerce, 2019
- Outstanding Oral Advocate Award, Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), fellow, 2017-present
- Oregon State Bar Estate Planning and Administration Section Executive Committee, chair-elect, 2022
- Oregon State Bar Elder Law Section
- Oregon State Bar Tax Section Newsletter Committee
- Central Oregon Estate Planning Council
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Cascade Women Lawyers
- Deschutes County Bar Association
- Central Oregon Community College Foundation, vice chair, 2022
- U.S. Bank, board member
- Friends of Realms, board member
- Laboratory for the American Conversation at Oregon State University, board member
- Central Oregon Estate Planning Counsel, board member
- “What Alaskan Attorneys Need to Know About Dirt and Death in Oregon and Washington,” Alaska State Bar, Estate Planning and Probate Section, April 12, 2022