McKenzie A. Schnell
McKenzie Schnell, an associate in Best Best & Krieger LLP’s Telecommunications law group, advises clients on broadband, cable, telecommunications service and data privacy matters, including regulatory compliance, transactions and litigation. She is a member of the firm’s Municipal Law practice group and is based in Walnut Creek.
She represents public agencies and small private entities at all stages of their communications projects from infrastructure matters to network practices. Prior to joining BB&K, she worked at Baller Stokes & Lide, PC and ACT | The App Association.
While in law school, McKenzie was an articles editor for The Federal Communications Law Journal.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional /U.S. Private Sector
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- "Gerard Lederer and McKenzie Schnell: FCC Continues to Undercut Local Authority on OTARD," Broadband Breakfast, Feb. 4, 2021
- “The Mobile-Sierra Doctrine: An Unlikely Friend for Opponents of Zero-Rating,” 70 Federal Communications Law Journal, 329 (2018)
- "Franchising in the Era of 3rd 621 Order," Webinar, Virginia Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors, Apr. 29, 2021
- "Regulating OTARDS: The Other Small Cells," BB&K Webinar, Mar. 4, 2021
- "Be Aware of Hot Telecommunications Issues in 2020-2021," BB&K Webinar, Nov. 5, 2020