Anne Branham is an attorney in Best Best & Krieger LLP’s Municipal Law practice group. She assists public clients in transactional and litigation matters concerning municipal government, with a focus in land use and review of public contracts and insurance requirements.
Before joining BB&K, Anne worked for a small boutique firm in Sacramento focusing on water rights and quality issues for public agency clients. She was previously lead counsel to a reclamation district undertaking a multimillion dollar levee and ecosystem restoration project, including overseeing Proposition 218 compliance and acting as a liaison with the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
Anne attended the University of California, Davis School of Law, where she obtained a law degree with a focus on water and environmental law. While in law school, Anne worked for the California Air Resources Board in the field of legal compliance and regulatory development, as well as for former U.S. District Court Judge Oliver Wanger in matters concerning public policy and water rights. She also provided assistance in researching and writing an amicus curiae brief on a matter of tribal civil procedure, which was ultimately heard by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Before attending law school, Anne attended California State University, Fresno on a full-ride academic scholarship and received her bachelor’s degree in political science with a pre-law emphasis. She was born and raised in Hanford, Calif. where her family still farms and raises dairy cattle. Outside of the office, Anne enjoys reading literary fiction, playing piano and guitar, and snowboarding.
- University of California, Davis School of Law, Dean’s Merit Scholar
- California State University, Fresno, Smittcamp Family Honors Scholar
- Pace National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, Best Oral Advocate in Round
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- California Young Lawyers’ Association
- Cal Cities Cannabis Regulatory Committee
- ULI Young Leaders Forum
- "AB 1234 Ethics Training," Golden State Risk Management Authority Annual Training Conference, Oct. 21, 2022